Week 3: Personal Experiences with LinkedIn and YouTube

            LinkedIn and YouTube are my primary social media tools. While I could manage without Instagram, YouTube is indispensable for me. It is a valuable resource for various content genres like dramas, podcasts, horoscopes, interviews, recipes, and other everyday-related videos, significantly enriching my life experiences. YouTube's diverse content has positively impacted my daily routines and leisure time, offering entertainment, education, and practical advice. From learning new recipes to exploring different cultures through travel vlogs, YouTube has become integral to my online experience. Additionally, YouTube has transformed earning dynamics, prompting a reevaluation of employment types. Traditional jobs are becoming less attractive, especially in developing contexts, as content creation on platforms like YouTube offers new, lucrative opportunities. This shift challenges conventional career paths and necessitates reconsidering what constitutes viable and rewarding employment.

            On the other hand, LinkedIn plays a crucial role in my academic and professional life. It facilitates connections with professors, ex-colleagues, current classmates, and industry professionals, streamlining networking and collaboration efforts. However, I've noticed a trend where people increasingly blur the lines between professional and personal content on LinkedIn. While it's a powerful platform for sharing academic and professional achievements, some users tend to share personal stories and updates, deviating from their original purpose. This shift in usage patterns has altered the platform's dynamics, prompting discussions about maintaining professionalism amidst personal sharing. Occasionally, I experience stress while using LinkedIn because the newsfeed often displays everyone as highly active and accomplished, creating a sense of FOMO (fear of missing out) within me. Seeing posts about others' achievements and opportunities can sometimes make me feel inadequate or like I'm not doing enough in comparison. This pressure to keep up with perceived success stories can be overwhelming, leading to self-doubt and anxiety about missing out on valuable experiences or opportunities.







 

Comments

  1. I love YouTube. I believe it has everything anyone is looking for. I have used it in the classroom for lessons as well as at night when going to bed. I don't know where the world would be without YouTube.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6 weekly Reflection

Week 1: Not my first Blog!

Week 3: Shared Awareness in a Developing Context