Week 12: Embracing Digital Platforms in Education: A Personal Reflection


For a recent Produsage project, I used Facebook to create a “1st-year (Ethics Project)” group. Facebook's user-friendly interface made organizing and sharing content easy, though managing activities across multiple platforms required careful coordination. My experience with SharePoint has been invaluable, significantly enhancing educational engagement and collaboration, particularly across different time zones. While working on the Produsage assignment, I frequently reflected on my previous teaching role and wondered why I hadn't incorporated digital platforms. Given that my students were digital natives, using such tools could have enhanced their engagement.

I advocate for higher education institutions to encourage the use of email to develop students' formal writing skills and maintain written records, aligning with global professional standards. I strongly encourage medical institutions in Pakistan to integrate digital platforms into their curricula. These tools allow students to work at their own pace, accommodate their rigorous schedules, and enhance their learning experiences. Embracing digital technologies can significantly improve student engagement, efficiency, and overall educational outcomes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6 weekly Reflection

Week 1: Not my first Blog!

Week 3: Shared Awareness in a Developing Context